Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This has been an amazing weekend, but also a hard one. I went up to see our best friends Kaylie and Mike this past weekend and it was the most amazing time we've had up there. I not only got to spend time with the, but I got a ton of books! We went to the beach, we did things that we have never done before and I even got a tattoo, but the reason it was so hard is because they were the first people I had to say goodbye to before I left for Florida. I mean it's good because it prepared me for what it's going to be like with my family and my sweetie, but leaving and driving to the airport I had to hold back tears because I didn't want reality to come so quick. When I got home, that's what happened, reality came and smacked me in the face. I have so much to pack, so much to organize and almost less than a week away. I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for, so I need to be able to recognize that I can do anything I set my mind to and that I was chosen to be a part of this amazing program out of 30,009 people who applied. only 2,500 got in. This is something I am going to take advantage of and something I will be able to tell my kids when I am 60. It's just the getting there that is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment